The Big Intro Thread

Drop a “gm” and tell us a little bit about yourself!

gm

I’m Graven—one of the co-founders of the Geo Web. I usually describe myself as a product manager, but idk… I just enjoy solving problems, learning, and thinking. There’s really nothing cooler than imagining something then making it come to life.

In 2014, I saw a geospatial augmented reality platform and the control of “land” by the platform owner struck me as a big challenge. When I made the decision to jump into web3/crypto full time in 2019, I used that seed of an idea as a muse to get hands-on learning. That idea eventually evolved into the Geo Web! Now I couldn’t imagine working on anything else as exciting.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Cody and have been working with Graven for over a year on turning the Geo Web into reality. I enjoy building things and solving problems. I am excited about the problems the Geo Web can help solve and the lessons that can be learned from the Geo Web and applied to other areas.

To date, I have done much of the development work on smart contracts and protocol, and some on the frontend. Feel free to reach out to me directly for any questions about development of the protocol, including:

• Smart contracts
  • Ceramic, IPFS, Filecoin and content stuff
  • Overall architecture

Thanks!

2 Likes

gm!

I’m Kevin (or Kevvles.eth), a writer who likes learning about blockchain technology in my spare time. I’m not much good at the technical aspects of it, but I enjoy breaking down the concepts into easier to digest bits and introducing new people to projects that I find cool.

1 Like

gm

My name is Nick and I represent the better half of @codynhat. I come from a business background, earning a BA in Finance at the University of Washington and nearing completion of my MBA at the University of Amsterdam. I have known about GeoWeb for over a year now, but I have just recently taken more of an interest in the project once I started to learn more about the opportunities present within the space. With that being said, I believe there is a huge knowledge gap between the “hardcore” proponents of blockchain/crypto/augmented reality and the general public. Therefore, apart from advising on the design and logic behind GeoWeb, I believe I can be of value in trying to garner appeal not just for the “hardcore” segment but also for the general public.

3 Likes

hi all, I’m CleanApp, have been working on blockchain-incentivized waste mapping, analytics, and remediation since 2013. After a decade of running as a nonprofit, iterating, and doing a ton of behind-the-scenes work for different protocols, making a pivot to building in public. You can find a lot of resources on the waste mapping use case on our blogs here and here. Looking forward to learning from geoweb community and finding ways to align and integrate.

1 Like